Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Mario Kart Birthday

Last week Parker turned 5!!!  I can't believe I have a five year old!  For the first time ever this year, I let Parker have a birthday party with just his friends.  He invited all the kids in his preschool class and his Primary class, plus another friend from church and a buddy from his basketball team.  So we had thirteen kids in our little house!  It was crazy, but Parker loved every minute of it.  Luckily, it was a beautiful day, and we were able to go outside for part of it.  

Parker wanted to have a Mario Kart themed party. So the invites were Mario Kart, as well as the cake. We played pin the nose on Mario, and had our own little races outside.  Then we came inside and fed the kids pizza and cake and opened presents. It was exhausting to prepare, and throw, and I'm thinking we won't do it again for another five years!  But Parker was so excited about it, and he was so happy, so it was all worth it!  









Happy Birthday Parker!  We sure love that kid!  He is so sweet, and loving and thoughtful.  He is quickly becoming my little helper with just about anything.  He is a great friend to everyone, and he's (almost) always very kind to everyone around him.  He is the best big brother to both Kaeson and Macie.  He is growing up so much and learning a ton!  I am amazed at the things he understands and  the things he says now.  Not because I think he is a genius, but because I'm just amazed that he is old enough to understand what he does.  He is becoming quite the little reader lately as well.  It's such a joy to watch him learn and grow. I feel so lucky to call him my son!  We love you Parker!

3 comments:

  1. What fun! I felt the same way after Greta's birthday party last year; we'd be waiting years to do it again! Who knows though? People here move so often I may need to do it before there is no one around to come! :) haha! Greta had a ball at the party - thanks for having her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including Bethany, she had such a fun time! Looks like all the hard work paid off & everyone had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet Parker! Looks like you had a FUN birthday Party! Would you have let Grandma Patty be one of your friends you invited if I lived in Kentucky? Do you think I am too big to play pin the nose on Mario? Love you and miss you tons Parker!

    ReplyDelete