Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

It's hard to believe, but my baby girl is now six months old! She has grown up so fast. She is such a delight, and we all so enjoy her so much!  I didn't think it was possible, but the boys love her even more than they did when she was born!  They are so cute and loving with her, and they both still love to hold her and take care of her.  She is an angel of a baby!  We are so lucky!  She has been sleeping through the night for nearly a month now. She still doesn't take great naps, but we usually get a good long nap out of her in the afternoon. She is now sitting up completely on her own. This last week we finally started her on rice cereal, and she loves it.  She would eat the entire box in one sitting if we let her!  To our amazement, she started crawling this past week!  She's not getting all over the house just yet, but she is definitely crawling! She can also sit herself up and now she sits up in her crib after we lay her down and she plays/cries for quite a while. Hopefully we break her of that soon.

At her 6 month check-up, she weighed 14 pounds even, and was 25 1/8 inches long. Which means she is in the 15th percentile for weight, 25th for height, and 5th for head circumference. She took a big dive on the growth chart, but when I told the doctor that that seems to be a pattern all of my kids have followed, she didn't seem too concerned.  We'll see if starting her on some solid food will help fatten her up a little, but I'm guessing it won't make much difference. She is the world's cutest little runt if you ask me!



s

3 comments:

  1. My little Macie is growing up way too fast! I can't believe how much she is doing since your last visit. Such a cutie! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't kidding about all the posts! Looks like a busy and fun holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's 6 months already! Wow! Time flies! I agree, she is a cute lil runt!

    ReplyDelete